U10 - U11 Developmental & Recreational
Program Description: The U10/U11 age group is a combination of players. They will play in a league format and team sizes will not exceed 15 players. Boys and Girls program will be separate.
- A 10 event Spring program, scheduled to begin in late April or early May
- A traditional 10 week Summer season, which is scheduled to begin in mid to late late June
- Fall program for U3-U5, which is scheduled to begin in mid September
This model is the best way for us to adapt our offerings and allow flexibility for families to determine the best fit for them.
Spring Recreational Program information:
Days & Locations:
- Days: to be confirmed based on program start date - we aim to offer a mid-week evening & weekend morning session
- Locations: Barrhaven/Manotick area before May 15
For the Spring season, we will attempt to mirror the Summer program as close as possible pending program enrollment and facilities utilized. A detailed program schedule will be provided to you in advance of our start date.
Summer Recreational Program information
Day: Summer Program Game Night: Monday (Boys) & Wednesday (Girls)
Start Time: 6:00pm (practice)
Game Time: 6:30pm – approx 7:30pm
Game Length: 2 x 30-minute halves with 5-minute halftime
Target Team Size: 13-15 players
Players on the Field: 7 (including the goalkeeper)
Ends: April 15
Begins: April 16
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
Parents to Provide:
- Shin Pads, cleats
- Water, Sun Screen
Year-End Festival: scheduled as the last activity for the summer season. Details will be sent to you directly
Program Coordinator: Craig Stead
Coaching: Parent Volunteers
Coaching Qualifications: OSU hosts in house clinics for all volunteer coaches
Friend & Field Requests: Play will occur at various locations within the general OSU geographic area. Approximately half of the games will take place as near the home location of the players as possible, depending on the fields that are available. OSU will do its best to honour friend requests but there are no guarantees.
Program Curriculum: Is provided directly to coaches on a weekly basis throughout the season
Additional Skills Training: This is an optional once a week training session focusing on technical development and run by OSU staff coaches. Players must be registered in the Recreational Program to participate.
- Day: Saturday
- Location: TBD
- Sessions – 8
Fall Recreational Program information:
Dates: September 13 - October 31
- U3-U12 - 2/week program - 12 sessions - Saturday Morning & Wednesday Evenings - $125
- U13-U18 - 1/week games program - 6 weeks - Saturday Mornings @George Nelms Park - $80
Locations: Barrhaven & Manotick
Exact field & time allocations will be communicated to you in advance of our start date.
OSU’s Recreational Fall Program is focused on providing an introduction to skill development and a chance to play games outdoors during the months of September & October.