U14 - U15 Developmental & Recreational
- A 10 event Spring program, scheduled to begin in late April or early May
- A traditional 10 week Summer season, which is scheduled to begin in mid to late late June
- Fall program for U3-U5, which is scheduled to begin in mid September
This model is the best way for us to adapt our offerings and allow flexibility for families to determine the best fit for them.
Spring Recreational Program information:
Days & Locations:
- Days: to be confirmed based on program start date - we aim to offer a mid-week evening & weekend morning session
- Locations: Barrhaven/Manotick area before May 15
For the Spring season, we will attempt to mirror the Summer program as close as possible pending program enrollment and facilities utilized. A detailed program schedule will be provided to you in advance of our start date.
Summer Recreational Program information
Day: Summer Program Game Night: Wednesday (Boys) & Monday (Girls)
Start Time: 6:00pm (practice)
Game Time: 6:30pm – approx 7:45pm
Game Length: 2 x 35-minute halves with 5-minute halftime
Players on the Field: 11 (including the goalkeeper)
Ends April 10
Begins April 11
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
Parents to Provide:
- Shin Pads, cleats
- Water, Sun Screen
Year-End Festival: scheduled as the last activity for the summer season. Details will be sent to you directly
Fall Recreational Program information:
Dates: September 13 - October 31
- U3-U12 - 2/week program - 12 sessions - Saturday Morning & Wednesday Evenings -
- U13-U18 - 1/week games program - 6 weeks - Saturday Mornings @George Nelms Park
Locations: Barrhaven & Manotick
Exact field & time allocations will be communicated to you in advance of our start date.
OSU’s Recreational Fall Program is focused on providing an introduction to skill development and a chance to play games outdoors during the months of September & October.
Program Coordinator: Craig Stead
Coaching: Parent Volunteers
Coaching Qualifications: OSU hosts in house clinics for all volunteer coaches.
Friend & Field Requests:
Play will occur at various locations within the general OSU geographic area. Approximately half of the games will take place as near the home location of the players as possible, depending on the fields that are available. OSU will do its best to honour friend requests but there are no guarantees.
Program Curriculum: Learn To Train sessions posted on the web site